- Partnered with East Early College High School (ECHS) to establish a VITA Club 2022
- Partnership with GetYourRefund 2022
- Partnership Agreement signed with Houston Community College (HCC) for Year 3 in November 2018. Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) events to be held at HCC-Northline, HCC-Brays Oaks, HCC-Stafford, HCC-Alief-Hayes and HCC-Southeast
- Partnered with the University of Houston-Downtown (UHD) College of Business, Accounting Department assistant professors starting in 2016-2017 to provide Beyond Careers Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) training for accounting students to become IRS-Certified tax preparers at the Advanced level. One student became site manager. Several students became site coordinators. This was a service-learning and community engagement project
- Partnered with UHD newly named Davies College of Business, Accounting Department, to conduct Beyond Careers VITA through their VITA clinic from January 2017-April 2017. Students provided free tax preparation for tax payers in the low-to-moderate income bracket at the school. This service was available throughout the Greater Houston and surrounding communities for typical tax returns for W-2 and 1099 as well as military tax returns. Through referrals to Beyond Careers from the Houston CPA Society and coordination with UHD, prepared 1040NR for non-resident student/scholar
- Partnered with Houston Community College (HCC) in 2016-2019 providing training for students to become IRS-Certified tax preparers at the Advanced level. VITA events were held at HCC-Northline, HCC-Alief Hayes, HCC-Brays Oaks, HCC-Stafford and HCC-Southeast
- VITA events in 2017 at Westbury High School
- Beyond Careers’ Financial Aid U providing free tax preparation through mobile Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) and integrated with the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- Beyond Careers' VITA event held at Westbury High School on Saturday, April 9, 2016
- Annual Education Symposium since November 3, 2012
- Partnership between Beyond Careers’ Financial Aid U and Sharpstown High School, Houston Community College-Southwest, Prairie View A&M University, Reagan High School, Davis High School and Westbury High School in 2014.
- VITA site from 2008-2011 at the Tejano Center for Community Concerns-Raul Yzaguirre School for Success
- Houston Money Week since 2009
Received Certificate of Congressional Recognition from Sheila Jackson Lee, District 18, Member of Congress, November 5, 2016
Received Senate Proclamation from State of Texas, Senator Rodney Ellis, November 5, 2016
Received Resolution, State of Texas, State Representative, Dr. Alma A. Allen, District 131 on November 5, 2016
Received Proclamation, City of Houston, Mayor Sylvester Turner, proclaiming, November 5, 2016, "Beyond Careers Day"
Awards and Certificates
2010 Partnership Soaring Eagle Plaque
This Soaring Eagle Plaque was presented by the INTERNAL REVENUE SERVICE to Beyond Careers in recognition of your partnership and outstanding contributions to achieve the IRS mission. Soaring above the rest
2010 Community Service Leadership
This Certificate of Appreciation was presented to Beyond Careers by the INTERNAL REVENUE SERVICE Stakeholder Partnerships, Education and Communication (IRS-SPEC) in recognition and appreciation of outstanding effort, dedication and personal contributions in building stronger workplaces and communities throughout this great Nation.
2010 Outstanding Public Services
This award is in recognition of outstanding public service contributed to your community through the INTERNAL REVENUE SERVICE Stakeholder Partnerships, Education and Communication (IRS-SPEC) and TCE (Tax Counseling for the Elderly) Programs.
2009 Pursuit of Excellence Certificate of Appreciation
Received award from the Department of the Treasury INTERNAL REVENUE SERVICE Stakeholder Partnerships, Education and Communication (IRS-SPEC). This award is in recognition and appreciation of outstanding partnering contributions made in achieving the IRS-SPEC.